If we watch Korean dramas, there are often scenes of eating or cooking. One of the most featured dishes is fried rice. This is kimchi bokkeumbap aka Korean kimchi fried rice.
Ingredients and seasonings:
- 400 grams of white rice
- 100 grams of chicory kimchi, sliced
- 100 grams of meat, sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/4 onion, sliced dice
- 1 chicken egg, fried beef eye
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- pepper powder
How to Make Kimchi Fried Rice:
- Season the meat with sweet soy sauce, minced garlic, and ground pepper.
- Sauté the meat with vegetable oil in the pan.
- Once cooked, add onions and kimchi, then stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add leeks, and chopped garlic, then cook briefly and turn off the heat.
- Add white rice, then stir well.
- Add sesame oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well then remove from heat.
- Serve kimchi fried rice with sunny side up eggs.
That’s how to make Korean kimchi fried rice or Kimchi-bokkeumbap