New Zealand offers a treasure of beautiful sites with so much to do for everyone. To ensure you have a great time in New Zealand, read the following tips:
- You’ll love hiking and camping in New Zealand; there are wonderful mountain ranges. The ideal places for going hiking and camping are Wellington, Christchurch, Taupo, and the west coast of the South Island.
- If you love to shop, visit the biggest city, Auckland; this city has the absolute best places for shopping; you’ll find several factory stores and bargains waiting for you. A second ideal place to shop is the main street of Wellington.
- If you love swimming, you can swim at the 90 miled beach at the top of the North Island; You’ll find this beach past Kaitia which is more or less six hours in driving from central Auckland.
- If you’re into serious fishing, you can fish off Great Barrier Island; you’ll find fantastic charters and one of the best deep sea fishing in the world.
- Consider stopping by the Auckland Museum to learn some history on this wonderful country and the Maori culture.
- If you want to see caves, go down to the Waitomo district and stop by the Waitomo caves; here you may do some white and black water rafting and witness the incredible glow worms inside the caves.
- If you love nature, take a look at New Zealand’s national bird, the Kiwi which can be found at the Kiwi house in Otorohanga. They are beautiful flightless birds.
- At Taupo, visit to see one of the biggest lakes in the world which is famous for its incredible trout fishing. If you like water sports, on the lake you can do some para gliding behind a boat.
- If you’re into skiing, drive about an hour and half past Taupo and you’ll find great places for skiing. Mt Ruapehu happens to be one of the most popular mountains in winter.
- Visit Cape Kidnappers–a fine historical gem–and a literal hot spot in New Zealand. While you are there, take a walk to the point at Cape Kidnappers and stop by at the colony of Gannets.
- At Wellington you can take a ferry ride to Picton in the South Island where you’ll find a more relaxed atmosphere.
- At the west coast of the South Island you’ll find a town, Kaikoura; here you can enjoy a cruise to witness up close whales and dolphins.
You may also like: